macro.

These days, I’m mostly on Pinterest or FifteenSpatulas or Decor8blog. Either looking for DIY ideas, recipes or simply escaping reality.

Yes. Escaping reality.

I never thought I’m the type who fleas, but come to think of it, I do think I’ve been way too hard on myself. It’s okay to flea. It really is, especially when it doesn’t involve me going “anywhere”. At least not physically.

By “hanging out” on Pinterest and FifteenSpatulas and Decor8blog, I realise how hung up I’ve become on perfection; the perfect photos, the perfect food, the perfect DIYs, the perfect lighting, the perfect set-up.

Yes, set-up.

I realised that it was all a set-up – it has all been orchestrated to look like perfect because of the intentional focus given on the perfect elements of a particular situation, scenery or thing.

And though seemingly fraudulent, the macro focus magnifying the perfection of the otherwise imperfect is still perfectly fine by me.

We all need an escape route sometimes.

I guess this is part of mine.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts