take a look at my guy friend


I have guys friends, contrary to the popular believe that I don’t. But I have to admit, I lack them in numbers. But I always, always thought I won in terms of quality, because my guy friends treat me like queens, like sisters, and sometimes even like their girlfriends. The best part is, they treat me like a buddy. So there is no ego involved, no hard feelings; only frankness, bluntness, and a lot of fun. No strings attached.

The problem with no strings attached, and being so buddy, buddy, is that they tend to forget. They tend to forget that I too, not as an overly emotional girl, or a friend but merely as a human being, have feelings. Thus, I hate to be forgotten, I hate to be rejected, and I hate to be taken advantaged of.

I will not be disclosing any names, but even if I did, not many people would know about him. I have known him for quite some time, and like I mentioned earlier, he treats me well, and I never feel like s*it. The problem is, he forgot who I am the very moment he got a girlfriend. Or more like when his girlfriend was around. Because apparently, when he was treating me so nicely, his girlfriend was somewhere in a far, faraway land which required him to have at least RM 3,000 to go see her.

It’s not that I don’t understand this part. Honest. I place my Mr. above every other guy I know, because, yes, he earned that special place in my life. But I don’t forget my friends. I apologise if I have failed to be a good friend or if I fail to pick up the phone or if I fail to listen because the Mr. is around. Put it simply, I do not take people for granted. And if I go through a “phase” where I need to be alone, I make up for those times I was intentionally ignorant.

But this smart guy seems to think I am some girl he can come and go to whenever he wants. I don’t mind being a friend, a crying shoulder, or whatever. But if he suddenly calls you “just to talk” and you ask about his girl, and he tells you they just broke up the weekend before, that’s kind of fishy, isn’t it? “Just to talk la sangat?”. Blwek. Pegi mampus.

Then, out of the blue, in the middle of a Friday, where you just came back from class, he messages you, asking if you’re busy studying. Suddenly you actually care? Or are you just filling your time; your lonely, lonely time without your girlfriend around anymore.

Bull la. He promised me a Valentines lunch, just for us best friends. He never called back on that day. I don’t mind about that so much because I don’t celebrate. And if there was anyone I’d rather be with, it would be Abdul. But then, he forgot my birthday. He justified himself by saying that he was “just about to message” me. Bull some more. And the best part is, he was silent throughout all this time. He never bothered to call or check on me, until he broke up. Sucks right?

I don’t normally get emotional about things like this; they just don’t bother me much. I don’t have the time. But I am so fed up. Because I remember him calling me, telling me about the stupid fights he had and how his girl hated him, for something bad he did. Something really bad, that is. And I was there.

And now, I just hate to be that “touch and go” person, whom he thinks he can come to and go from as and when he pleases. Does that make me a bad friend now? No right?

I’d rather save my credit for someone more worth it.

Just for the record, I’m not at all angry. I’m just a tad bit agitated by people who take me for granted. I do not appreciate people who fail to appreciate. Thank you, and beware.

Comments

Popular Posts