2018 - the year of (intense) personal growth.


It does seem a little late for a 2018 recap, don't you think?

But considering what a nice date today is, I figured that it would be a good time to restart blogging (even if with just one post hehe). Because to be really honest, I have missed blogging so very badly.

Months have passed since my last post and to be honest, it was right after that post that the doors of countless opportunities were opened to me. I don't know how else to express my amazement, but masya Allah, the power of doa and a hopeful, wondering heart, has on countless occasions, proven to do wonders to my soul.

2018 has proven to be a year of intense growth for me, personally. 2018 saw me going through so much, and much of which were things I never quite imagined I would ever have to go through. I received alot of blessings yes, but 2018 also brought about with it so many tears and neverending, burning questions of what the future holds. I learned that with hardship comes ease. I also learned how important it was to always remember Allah, even in times of happiness. Especially in times of happiness. Because it's when we are (too) happy that we tend to forget who our hearts really belong to - and that He, is the turner of hearts. That He too, is the best of planners, even when it doesn't seem like so at the time.

There were times when I felt like I have been stretched thin in all directions (tapi perut tak kurus juga haha), and there were times when I questioned the fruitfulness of my efforts and whether my prayers have gone unheard, thinking that they have fallen on deaf ears... only to realise that my efforts and prayers have been answered in a different form from what I had expected.

So yes, 2018 definitely saw me growing bounds and leaps.

Most definitely, 2018 has made me grateful for all the little things.

And because of that, I have made 2019 the year of all the little things.

It has been said that in order to find balance, we need to keep on moving, which is exactly what I'm doing right now - which is to move on with life.

And in order to move on with life being genuinely happy, we need to realise that as much as the big moments count, the little blessings make up a huge part of our lives too. We need to train ourselves to see the good in most things, if not all. And no matter how hypocritical being kind or being nice to others may seem (at least at first), once kindness becomes a habit, it'll be hard to kick.

So, 2019, although I'm really late in letting you in, WELCOME.

Let's continue to count all the little blessings life has showered us with and be mindful that life may not always turn out the way we planned, but perhaps only for the best.

p.s.: I'm okay. I really am :) ♥

Comments

Popular Posts