let me photograph you in this light.

“But when she is gone, those photos won’t show your children the women who was behind the camera. Take the photo. Messy hair, no make up or a dirty old t-shirt won’t matter to your children when she is gone someday.”
...

And just like that, it struck a cord and hit right home.

Not sure how other phones work, but the iPhone has a face recognition function and groups people according to how frequently they are photographed on the phone.

And guess what? 

I'm the only one right now without a folder... on my own phone!

HAHAHAHAH.

I know some people think that I shouldn't make a big deal out of this... but when I realised that my sister (who is in Australia, by the way!) has a folder of her own, on my phone... I kind of think that things just don't add up. 

I'm with my family (mostly with my kids) almost all the time. We may not be on a perpetual high, forever having fun and we have our off-ish, ugly days... but there are days when I just wished that someone would take a photo of me and me with them, in the same way and with the same care that I take their photos with my children -- whether we (I) look good or not. And I'm really not talking just about my husband. I'm talking about the whole population of people around me also with gadgets of their own, capable of photo-taking.

Sometimes I watch short videos of other people with their babies/children on Instagram and catch myself thinking... "Hey, I did that too!"... followed by... "I wish someone took my photo too..."... And not so much because I want to share my joy with everyone unnecessarily but purely as my own keepsake...

 Some people also suggested that I take more selfies of myself and the kids if I think that having photos with them is sooo important, but really..., "No woman wants to look back at a lifetime of selfies.". So, yeah...

There are times when I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that it's important that I'm in the photos (some, if not all) and whether I'm a freak for wanting to be part of that "documentary", which is our lives together... but I'm pretty sure that I'm not (?)

Do you think it's too much to want to be part of the life that you are part of?

And how do I solve this "problem" which is seemingly so important to me at this point in my life?


Just for the record, this is a great picture despite the circumstances we were in.


Comments

Popular Posts